Japanese Sigma Plus works on PSTV

PLATFORM: PS Vita; RELEASE: February 22nd 2012
KP2023
Newborn
Newborn

Japanese Sigma Plus works on PSTV

Post by KP2023 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:31 pm

For anyone interested, if you have a PSTV the Japanese version of Sigma Plus works on it. It's very cool, even has full English text option in game.
You just have to turn on touch screen at certain points to do projectile shooting like at the radio tower etc.
JTB123
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Re: Japanese Sigma Plus works on PSTV

Post by JTB123 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:26 am

This is good to know as Sigma plus was the main reason I wanted a PSTV in the first place. Not sure I will get around to it soon but definitely something I will try out for video purposes. There is virtually nothing out there for the Vita versions.
KP2023
Newborn
Newborn

Re: Japanese Sigma Plus works on PSTV

Post by KP2023 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:56 pm

Across the board I think PSTV's are region free, the PAL versions of Sigma Plus 1&2 are blacklisted on PSTV due to the touch screen use for Ninpo etc, but there's a video on Youtube of a guy literally getting the NTSC US version of Sigma Plus 2 working just by refreshing the menu - when it was thought to be blacklisted in US - even according to Sony's site, unless they patched it?
Finding that the Japanese version of Sigma Plus 1 wasn't blacklisted was a Godsend, although it's relatively easy to mod a PSTV (that even has later firmware) and get all games playable - due to a process of modding a back up of PSTV save data or something.