Trouble with Stadium challenge (Hard)

PLATFORM: PS Vita; RELEASE: February 22nd 2012
Skydiver301
Newborn
Newborn

Trouble with Stadium challenge (Hard)

Post by Skydiver301 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:10 am

I'm using the low health UF. I can get one-hit UT's, then run to other side and OL the essence and most of the time have time to charge another one-hit UT. Just never lasts 80 Ogres, lol.

I was thinking just go in and straight up fighting them using the jump-x-y-x-x-x, but I'm having trouble understanding JTB's "guard cancel". Basically, if I get hit once on a double-swing, let go of block then push it again? I'm thinking this is the way to go. I have 3 Talisman's and 5 of each Elixir. Is there a way to get to a shop? (I went straight trough from beginning of chapter, did the Stairway challenge, and on to the save point near the head you break for the scarab). is there any way to get to a shop from here?
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Trouble with Stadium challenge (Hard)

Post by Alhazard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:16 am

you cant go to the shop anymore if you did the stair way challenge already if you are playing for score. I dont recommend guard cancelling since their overhead and side clubs do block damage. You have to learn the timings to dodge their attacks and charge when you can.

From my chp 15 MC hard karma run vid:

"Ogres are very precitable. They only have 5 attacks.
A. Jump: This move doesn't track so one jump should be sufficient to avoid the attack and this move has enough recovery that you could charge an UT from scratch if you need to.
B. Overhead club smash. You can charge an UT after absorbing essence after your dodge the attack. You might need to dodge later that you would think because of the long startup.
C. Side club swing: See B.
D: Uppercut: You do not have time to charge an UT so do another move.
E: Side hand swipe: See D.
Now you can play safe and just dodge attacks D and E and wait until it does an A, B, or C attack to kill ogres with low health UF UTs but to get a good kill bonus on this fight, I am killing some of the ogres with XYX (If you are not using equipment, you can do XYXXX like my ps3 hard karma run). If you have to kill an ogre with f+Y, be prepared to cancel into ninpo in case another ogre close by attacks during your recovery."

Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:25 am

i suppose if you dont care about score, you can just go straight into the elevator and goto the underwater shop. the fight will respawn without a timer or score.
Skydiver301
Newborn
Newborn

Post by Skydiver301 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:31 pm

I beat it :-) Just practiced and learned their telegraphs, now I LOVE fighting ogres, lol