Changes and Additions compared to Sigma/Black - Last Update 15/03/2021

PLATFORM: PS Vita; RELEASE: February 22nd 2012
JTB123
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Changes and Additions compared to Sigma/Black - Last Update 15/03/2021

Post by JTB123 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Dusted off the old Vita this week thanks to a YouTube comment reminding me that I never wrapped up all the trophies in this game and it's really got me hooked. For one I forgot just how impressive this game is running on a Vita and second there is a lot of new content in this game and changes.

Seeing as I am one of three Vita owners in the UK odds are very few people will be able to help fill out this list but I'm slowly going to update this as I go as just from mopping up the few trophies I had left uncovered some big changes. Right now the biggest thing I want to figure out the is the MM scoring system, it is definitely different compared to Black and Sigma. I did a test run on Abysmal Lair 1 with almost identical stats and scored over 230K higher on the Vita version. This version also gives extra ninpo slots and items in certain missions as well which is a massive boost to score.

General Changes

Story Mode Changes

Mission Mode Changes

Scoring System Changes
Spoiler:
Each second is worth 200 points in Sigma Plus before the multiplier is applied, 500 points end game.

This means UT's are worth 25 seconds in game time instead of 50 from Black and Sigma.
Load Out Changes
Spoiler:
POTMN 1 = 2 EOSL instead of 0
POTMN 2 = 3 EOSL & 1 GSE / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 1 Ninpo Slot
POTMN 4 = 2 EOSL instead of 1
NP3 = 3 EOSL & 1 GSE / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 1 Ninpo Slot
AL 1 = 1 GSE / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 2 Ninpo Slots
AL 3 = 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 1 Ninpo Slot
MD 3 = 3 EOSL / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 2 Ninpo Slots
MD 5 = 3 EOSL / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 1 Ninpo Slot
DOTF 2 = 2 GSE / 3 Ninpo Slots instead of 1 GSE and 2 Ninpo slots
CG 5 = 2 EOSL / 2 Ninpo Slots instead of 0 items and 1 Ninpo Slot
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Changes and Additions compared to Sigma/Black - Last Update 15/03/2021

Post by Bigalski » Sun May 02, 2021 5:34 am

Thanks for taking the time to do this. At least the info will always be here.
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:32 am

I’ve been speedrunning Sigma Plus on MN.
Can anyone confirm if you CAN’T break out of grabs in this game? Like Smaugan’s bite, Spirit Doku’s glove or, most importantly, GHOST FISH.

I’ve tried mashing the face buttons, moving the thumbsticks, and shaking the Vita like a madman, but nothing works.
Ryu stands there, falls down, and I can’t move until they give me a break and stop coming, by which point I’m down two or three elixirs, at the least.

ALSO: The jump and windmill slash with the Dragon Sword method isn’t fail proof like in other versions, they sometimes grab you when you land.

Bottom line: climbing The Core means either fully stopping on each set of ladders to kill the fish qith the Flails, or going heavy on Fire Wheels, none which is very convenient.

Seriously, ghost fish threath level in Sigma Plus is almost on par with NG04.

Btw, JTB: you need assistance on this change list you were working on, I’m happy to help.
JTB123
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by JTB123 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:21 pm

I've not fired up the Vita version in a long time tbh, I remember mashing out of grabs working though. For the ghost fish do you mean windmill slash or air destruction slash? Windmill is the >X move and ADS is the 720 slash in the air. I've not played the Vita version in ages so would have to test that stuff.