NGB and NG2(360) stream startin up

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

NGB and NG2(360) stream startin up

Post by Kazama Jin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 am

Whatsup guys, been a while. I just thought I'd throw this here, I've been streaming on twitch and just got a capture card, so now I am going to be playing NGB and NG2360 for a while. I'm probably gonna be focusing on no UT stuff on master ninja in both games. Just letting you guys know for anybody who's interested. I also stream a lot of Dark Souls 1, and ps2 shinobi at times. I usually stream from 8pm cst to midnight in the evenings.
twitch.tv/susamajii2

Also, if the mods think this is too self advertising, I apologize. you guys can delete this or move it wherever if you want, I'm really just looking to get some likeminded NG fans in here and shoot the shit for a while. This is a very casual stream with like 4 viewers average, I make not a penny on it.

Anyways, hope everybodys doing good, and come hang out and say hi sometime.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Re: NGB and NG2(360) stream startin up

Post by Massaca » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 am

Kazama Jin wrote:Also, if the mods think this is too self advertising, I apologize.
It's cool mate. Feel free to post here or in the chatbox whenever you start streaming.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:18 am

And, for those of us who can't make it, can you post clips of your streams?
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey guys.

Thanks a lot Massaca, I appreciate it man. Will do.

And reim, sure thing! Ive enabled archives and whenever I do something actually worth clipping or recording maybe I'll throw a link in this thread. It's going to take me a while to derust. but I will definitely keep that in mind.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 pm

NG2 no UT's it's something you HAVE to post here. Thank you very much for dropping here and telling us. Though, I don't know if I'll be available for the streams, so I'll try to catch the recorded sessions at worst. Thanks again, I dig your stuff a lot!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:14 am

Looking forward to it!
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:09 am

Watched the stream. Jin Kazama basically killed the game.

Ninja Gaiden 2

- Master Ninja difficulty
- Chapter 11
- Falcon Talons
- No ut's, no ninpo
- Healing items allowed, ninpo allowed only against dogs (because they make no sense in the game and I endorsed his choice)

He did it on the first try without dying a single time, including the multiple Rasetsu fight.

When I dropped by, he was doing chapter 2. It had been amazing. I think it would be so fun if we guys at the Archives drop by and spam the chat with joy.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Damn. I NEED to see that video . . . plz
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:42 pm

@Reim, it's recorded, I think he'll put the link here.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Haha, thanks again for the interest Ninja Noob, I'm glad you liked the stream! Even though I feel like it was a super sloppy run. But I am derusting right now since I've been playing Dark Souls 1 and Shinobi for the past 6+ months without much of anything NG related going on. I'm glad you liked it though, and I had alot of fun.

@reim This is the link to the stream playback from that night, my chapter 11 run starts at around 1:23:38.

https://www.twitch.tv/susamajii2/v/79504842

Again, to me this was super sloppy but I'm shaking the rust off, and during the real no UT run (Like my youtubed run) I do not use ninpo anywhere, and I fight the dogs no UT.

Thanks alot you guys!
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:41 am

Nice, so I can watch the part I missed. You say it's sloppy, it's true that you used healing, but it's still a no ut no ninpo no death chapter 11, which always sounds and look impressive and it's fun to watch, and there is not a lot of footage about these things over the internet. There are awesome guys that play NG2, like XLH Gladiator, that still use some healing and UT's here and there. We love the game but we know how it is broken.

Though, I enjoy your stream very much and encourage anyone who can to join it :thumb:

Edit: Dark Souls 1 was the best in the series to me.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:12 pm

LOL at your closing line. I loved Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. I tried the beta Dark Souls 2, and didn't much care for it.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Well I'm just really glad people are into no UT stuff for ninja gaiden 2, because that's pretty much all I've really done lately for the ng series. It's a little repetitive though since there's like 1, 2, or 3 moves that are so powerful for each weapon, so you aren't using alot of the move list unless you want to risk your safety. But I try to mix in stuff just for fun.

And yea, to me Dark Souls 1 is the best out of the souls games I've played (I haven't played bloodborne or demon's souls ;;). I really like to parry in those games and ds2 and ds3's parry window seems like it's triggered a bit early for my liking (Even earlier in ds2).. Though, I can appreciate the art direction in all of the games, really cool designs all around.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 am

Well, playing using Ut's woud just add only one move to the repertoire (the Ut itself) and the game would actually be less fun to watch, so I belive no Ut is the most interesting way to play the game. I think one of the good things about Razor's Edge is that it's designed in a way that the player can't abuse Ninpo and Ut's.

Bloodborne is really worth if you have a PS4, though it's very different from Dark Souls. To me it is on par with Dark Souls 1 for overall quality, but it has less replay value because of the lack of builds variety and lack of interconnections between stages, which make the progression through the world more linear. The dlc is on par with Artorias of the Abyss, it has awesome boss fights and amazing new weapons, so you should buy the complete edition of the game, whatever is called.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:26 am

Just watched the NG2 one (up to the Rat Brawl). Very nice, especially since you are rusty. I loved the almost 100 hit combo you got at the start of Ch 11. That first fight was no hurt, IIRC. :clap:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I agree. The rat brawl is the dog fight? Btw the thing I was mostly impressed at was the Rasetsu fight. It's the hardest part of the game, he made through it at the first try. I know I'm not an expert about this game and I probably think it's harder than it really is, but I can't do anything but being impressed. Next day I was late to the stream, and when I enetered the chat he was still playing chapter 11, and had just killed the multiple Rasetsu again, without dying I assume. It's so cool to have people still producing such good content about this game.

So thank you Kazama Jin, much appreciated :thumb:
Don't know if you mind about it, but it would be cool if you upload your streams, or at least the best of them, on your youtube channel.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:49 pm

The Rat brawl was the Rasetsu fight.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Cool, I was starting to lurk Twitch again after some time so it'll be nice to have another NG player to keep an eye on :ninja:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Hey, thanks alot you guys! I really am glad people appreciate the way that I play. I always was worried it was too boring, so this makes me happy.

to be honest with you, I cannot really control the rasetsu fight very well, and it is as unfair and sort of random as it looks.. Even in my prime when I was really grinding out chapter 11 runs every night back in 2012-'13, the rat fight is the one part of that run where consistency was questionable.

No, I died a bunch trying to do it on that stream, haha. Doing it with the Bota is surprisingly harder than doing it with the claws.

At first, I thought that since the bota can abuse the guard break dash into 360Y for massive damage, that it was the best weapon for the fight. But coming back to it, you just can't get out of the way with the bota like you can the claws, which can ->Y and be very safe almost a split second afterwards.

Anyways, to summarize, I am so far from really having control over that fight that it's silly, but it's quite a fun thing to do no UT. You can make some really cool looking stuff happen.

Thanks so much for the interest. I've been a little busy lately but I will probably stream some more this weekend.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:59 am

Uhm, maybe a year ago I remember you were messing around with the "guard reset" technique explained by Fiend Busa. As of now, did you find it useful in NG2?
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:Uhm, maybe a year ago I remember you were messing around with the "guard reset" technique explained by Fiend Busa. As of now, did you find it useful in NG2?

The guard reset technique in NG2 is incredibly useful. The function of it is to not force yourself to change position and potentially make yourself more vulnerable to spam/AI triggers. If you see an unfavorable arrangement of enemies or spam on chapter 11 for instance, it's a very nice way to delay the interaction with the AI somewhat and give yourself a chance for a more favorable layout of enemies and projectiles.

Ive never tried it in NGB but having played alot of NGB lately, I doubt it exists in the game considering that guard breaks are much more lethal in NGB than in 2.

Just a heads up on that note, I'm bumping this topic to let people know I've gotten heavy into learning NGB and will be streaming it at the same twitch channel. I took a bit of a break from ng2 to work on a dark souls challenge run and I completed it a little while back. Now I'm really feeling NGB's system.

I almost always exclusively play no UT, MN, no izuna. I'm doing a lunar playthrough of this at the moment to learn some things, and plan on going through all the weapons, and probably will try out ninja gaiden sigma as well.

Part of me prefers NGB to NG2 at the moment, so I'm enjoying going through it and learning it with these restrictions.

Address is https://twitch.tv/susamajii2
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 am

Can you post bits of your stream here?
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 am

Kazama Jin, thanks for the reply. It would be cool to see your stream but I'm not always available in those time frames. Though, I'll drop by if I'll have a chance, I think your projects on NGB are really great.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Yea. I'll upload a few things and post them in this topic sometime. Or i might just link vods/timestamps of some interesting stuff that's happened.

I forgot to add that I do not allow the use of wall jump and Y. You cannot use the wall jumping Y move that grants massive invincibility frames and big damage/knockdown to opponents. You can however jump off of the wall and shuriken cancel into a regular Y attack, since that is the same attack as jumping regularly, using shuriken, and then pressing Y. But no wall jump Y. It's far too powerful in NGB.

So, no wall jump Y/Izuna/UT/nin on MN only. I'll add more restrictions as I learn the game but that's more than enough for now.

Here's an example of some chapter 1 practice I was doing, trying to learn the chucks a bit. Pardon the cursing ... trying to break the habit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ExqFd79fw

Though I may say in the vid Im just mashing, I was really just joking .Obviously you have to time when you stop the chucks combo into the powerful Y finisher inorder for ryu to be safe and be able to block, or use the Y move to knock away attackers.

Thanks for the interest.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:00 am

Doubling up on the posts here, but I just finished a stream today, posting the timestamp on the vod:

Lunar MN, no UT/nin/izuna/ fighting Nicchae, Ish and Marbus....Mostly no wall jump Ys. I either accidentally did them, or Nicchae was forcing me to do them, otherwise I'd eat her instant start up throw thing she rushes you with. I mostly didn't use them at all though.

It was quite a fun stream. Here's where I actually complete it. Enjoy

https://www.twitch.tv/susamajii2/v/109015138?t=2h50m14s