Ninja Gaiden on PC. Steam poll.

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Ninja Gaiden on PC. Steam poll.

Post by JTB123 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 pm

There is a thread in the DOA5 last round forum for Tecmo bringing the NG games to PC. Looks like NG04 / Black, NG2 and 3. Tecmo are supposedly keeping an eye on the thread, not sure how the licenses are for those games though.

If you have a steam account be sure to +1 that shiz! :biggrin:
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Ninja Gaiden on PC. Steam poll.

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm not a computer gamer, so I don't have much of an opinion on bringing NG to PC.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:25 pm

I use my consoles for games, but I'd like to see NG2 on the PC if it'd sort out any frame rate problems the game had. :pray:

I don't have a steam account, but if I have time later I may make an account and vote in the poll. I'd actually rather see a Ninja Gaiden collection for the PS4, to be honest. :silly2:
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:I'm not a computer gamer, so I don't have much of an opinion on bringing NG to PC.
NG2 with the benefits of PC hardware would be unreal. The two main reasons I don't play NG2 that much are because it takes so long to load and the frame rate sucks.

Another reason why I think it would be awesome is it could potentially bring new interest to the older games, I think it's always great to get new players and there are very few people still playing them.
Dark Hazuki wrote:I don't have a steam account, but if I have time later I may make an account and vote in the poll. I'd actually rather see a Ninja Gaiden collection for the PS4, to be honest.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, it would be one hell of a package and Tecmo love to re-release NG04 :laugh:
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Back in the day I'd be happy to hear this but at this point I'm a little indifferent since in the past years I bought both a PS3&Xbox360 to play these games

I agree that a technical improved version of NG2 would be cool, but I don't know how much effort Tecmo would put on these ports (if they decide to go ahead with it) since they usually don't release games on PC

Also I'm not sure if they would port the original versions since Hayashi seems happy to keep porting the Sigma versions (PSVita). Personally my utopic dream is a new NG1 version that combines the good things from Black and Sigma and erase (or improves) the bad things (for example make the Rachel chapters separated from the main story and fix the time limits). In 2015 NGB will be 10 years old, maybe an anniversary edition? I doubt it though
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Hey HSmoke, cool avatar pic.
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Is it even possible to implement the controls for keyboard+mouse to make the game at least playable?
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:38 pm

^That's a good point. Are there any "controller-only" PC games?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:30 pm

It wouldn't have even occurred to me that people would try to use a keyboard to do this game. I assume they would have to use a controller..
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:57 am

How do DMC and MGR go on PC with kb/m?
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 am

reim0027 wrote:It wouldn't have even occurred to me that people would try to use a keyboard to do this game. I assume they would have to use a controller..
Same here. When talking about it I always assume everyone will use a controller. But hey, it'd be all an experience to play a NG game with kb/m :kungfu:
ShreddyBobby wrote:Hey HSmoke, cool avatar pic.
Thanks. Viewtiful Joe is pretty underrated imo
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:54 am

Dark Hazuki wrote:I'd like to see NG2 on the PC if it'd sort out any frame rate problems the game had [...] I'd actually rather see a Ninja Gaiden collection for the PS4, to be honest
Imagine that: ninja bowling at full speed! +1 for PS4 collection either!
JTB123 wrote:it could potentially bring new interest to the older games, I think it's always great to get new players and there are very few people still playing them
THIS
H.Smoke wrote:Back in the day I'd be happy to hear this but at this point I'm a little indifferent since in the past years I bought both a PS3&Xbox360 to play these games

I agree that a technical improved version of NG2 would be cool, but I don't know how much effort Tecmo would put on these ports (if they decide to go ahead with it) since they usually don't release games on PC
But a pc game can be modded!!! Dark Souls PC got a 60fps mod that worked perfectly fine.
H.Smoke wrote:Also I'm not sure if they would port the original versions since Hayashi seems happy to keep porting the Sigma versions (PSVita)
This is true, but who knows? Sometimes they just try to milk as much as possible, so they coul'd do an "NG Sigma collection" and an "NG Classic Collection", maybe. In any case, voting in the poll doesn't cost anything, and if we are lucky they will port the best versions. I'm not a pc gamer, but still I'd like to see NGB and NG2 ported these days, or even the sigmas, so all those nice guys that upload a lot of great gaming videos on youtube will flood us with tons of crazy NG gameplay.

So I made a steam account, I'll ask my brother to vote too. So, have I just to post "+1" ?

Edit: it says that my account cannot add messages to Dead or Alive 5 Last Round discussion.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:18 am

Ylva wrote:Is it even possible to implement the controls for keyboard+mouse to make the game at least playable?
Probably something like this

Left Mouse - Light Attack (Square)
Right Mouse - Heavy Attack (Triangle)
Moving Mouse - Moves Camera
Shift - Block
R - Shuriken
Space - Jump
Mouse scroll wheel up/down - quick item swap (NG2/NGRE)
M - Options
E - Inventory
PC exclusive - bind items to keys 0-9
Bow - ctrl
WASD = movement
W + Mouse moving = movement (ex ryu always running and moves according to where you move the mouse)
WASD + shift = dash
spacebar + left click + right click = windpath jump
left click + right click = ninpo or F

and of course there would always be an option to change the bindings to your liking

NG would be amazing on PC, constant 60fps @ 1080p or even higher than 60fps and resolutions higher than 1080p (if your pc can handle it) @ max settings with sexy anti aliasing with almost 0 loading time. BUT THE BEST THING WOULD BE THE MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I bought DOA last round for the PC is for the mods!
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:32 pm

There are quite a few action games on PC that use KB+mouse, one of the things you may have to sacrifice is camera control unless that is mapped to the mouse but if you do that I think a mouse with more than the standard 2 buttons would be best.

I would recommend anyone that has a fight stick to try NG with that, it's awesome :smile: Apart from having the joystick instead of an analog one it's amazing how quick you pick it up.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm

JTB123 wrote:I would recommend anyone that has a fight stick to try NG with that, it's awesome :smile: Apart from having the joystick instead of an analog one it's amazing how quick you pick it up.
Back in the day I was heavily into fighting games and I always wanted to try this, but never bought a stick :deepthought:

EDIT: Ok whatever. Today one of my hopeless dreams was fulfilled when I read that Capcom finally announced a Special Edition for DMC4, a game from 2008. After reading that I recalled this thread and convinced myself that if Tecmo really wants to, it'll make something with older NG games, whether is for PC or next gen.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/devil- ... 0-6424229/
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:40 am

I just can't imagine playing Survival on a keyboard. But please Team Ninja, bring the game's to the PS4 in some sort of a collection, that would be pretty cool. When is the next game expo, like E3? I was curious because its a good time for TN to let us have a peak at NG4.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:16 am

It say I can't post in the discussion, despite my email was actually validated. I'm a bit lazy to browse steam forum faqs, have you suggestion?
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

H.Smoke wrote:
JTB123 wrote:I would recommend anyone that has a fight stick to try NG with that, it's awesome :smile: Apart from having the joystick instead of an analog one it's amazing how quick you pick it up.
Back in the day I was heavily into fighting games and I always wanted to try this, but never bought a stick :deepthought:

EDIT: Ok whatever. Today one of my hopeless dreams was fulfilled when I read that Capcom finally announced a Special Edition for DMC4, a game from 2008. After reading that I recalled this thread and convinced myself that if Tecmo really wants to, it'll make something with older NG games, whether is for PC or next gen.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/devil- ... 0-6424229/
Funny how a re-release of a seven year old game will more than likely end up being the best action game on the new systems for a while... unless I'm forgetting any. I'm very curious to see what they'll add to that edition though, if it's just the PC extras then that would be very disappointing. Legendary Dark Knight mode was too much for the consoles back then so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. Thinking about it they could do the same with RE5 as well, no mercy mode was awesome.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:20 pm

I really want them to release it for pc just for convenience, I'm tired of hooking up consoles I never play just for super old games. I guess that's a bad reason, but to me steam is so widely used and convenient it might breathe new life into some of these well worthy titles. It'll have it's own up to date steam community page, etc so forth.

Hell, it would make it worlds easier to stream the game, which I think is very important. I'd definitely start streaming sessions/making videos. But I can't do that easily now because I have no $$ to drop on equipment for 360 at the moment nor the care to hook it up. Streaming could make things a lot more fun and it'd be a nice community alternative to multiplayer (If you don't want anything at all to do with multiplayer, like a lot of people).

As far as extras go, I doubt they'll do anything. I'd be down for costumes or something, not so much extra missions or gameplay. I do not trust this dev team with even the sigma versions of 1 and 2. Remember the new vita missions? no thanks :smile:

Keyboard controls, sure, but they'd probably just put a note that says it's supposed to be played with a controller.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Kazama Jin: are you actually streaming some gaming sessions on any game beside Ninja Gaiden?
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 am

Ninja Noob wrote:Kazama Jin: are you actually streaming some gaming sessions on any game beside Ninja Gaiden?
Nah, I just have friends who say streaming on pc is easy, they stream HQ dark souls 2 with little trouble. I'd be all over that if NGB/S/2 came out for pc, especially if a few archive members decided to also stream a few times a week or something. A lot of speed running communities play strictly single player games, but their communities thrive off of streaming, so it becomes much more than just playing that game by yourself and talking on a forum. It's something I wish was big when NGB and 3602 were first released, but that just wasn't the case.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:47 am

Streaming on PC is a lot easier but you need a decent to beefy CPU depending on the game.

Man Tecmo really needs to release NG on PC, the amount of hype on the DOA forums for a port is crazy lmao