Team Ninja: "[Ninja Gaiden] Needs to be in the Shadows for a

PLATFORM: TBC; RELEASE: TBC;
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Team Ninja: "[Ninja Gaiden] Needs to be in the Shadows for a

Post by kosmos » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 am

"Maybe I can say that Nioh is a gateway into the next chapter for Ninja Gaiden. [Ninja Gaiden] is a very important, if not the most important franchise, for us. But at this point I think this franchise needs to be in the shadows for a while until we bring it back. There will be a time, and when the time is right, we will bring it back."
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/team-ni ... or-a-while

I guess they will be making DOA6 before NG4. To be honest, if Nioh is a success, I don't know what they will be doing with Ninja Gaiden.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: Team Ninja: "[Ninja Gaiden] Needs to be in the Shadows f

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 am

RIP Ninja Gaiden
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 am

reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Not too surprising. NG3 and Yaiba were not well-received. I hope they bring it back, but I won't hold my breath.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 am

I don't mind waiting more years if that means we will have a well crafted game. I don't want another cashgrab like Yaiba so "there is a new NG on the market".

After replaying Razor's Edge last year I improved my opinion on that game a bit so I think Team Ninja can do a serviceable work in NG4 if they take the good bits from it, improve them, improve on the bad and erase the very bad stuff.

Also I don't see why Nioh's possible success would negate a new Ninja Gaiden. I didn't play Nioh's demo nor I'm interested in the game at all, because it looks more like Dark Souls than Ninja Gaiden :coffee:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:22 am

H.Smoke wrote:I don't mind waiting more years if that means we will have a well crafted game. I don't want another cashgrab like Yaiba so "there is a new NG on the market".

After replaying Razor's Edge last year I improved my opinion on that game a bit so I think Team Ninja can do a serviceable work in NG4 if they take the good bits from it, improve them, improve on the bad and erase the very bad stuff.

Also I don't see why Nioh's possible success would negate a new Ninja Gaiden. I didn't play Nioh's demo nor I'm interested in the game at all, because it looks more like Dark Souls than Ninja Gaiden :coffee:
Because then NG team will devote time into making another NiOh sequel instead of making NG4
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 am

I bet that is what they do. I would love a NG4, but I don't have faith they can put one out that I like.
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 am

H.Smoke wrote:I don't mind waiting more years if that means we will have a well crafted game. I don't want another cashgrab like Yaiba so "there is a new NG on the market".

Try the demo this weekend, Nioh is a Souls-like game but it has some Ninja Gaiden in it, is more fast and with better and deeper combat that any Souls game. I think Nioh is his own game, I don't think is a clone beyond the obvious "Souls" trademarks.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Honestly, this was predictable. I'm impressed they are bothering to make an announcement about a game they are not to develope. I bet it's a move to tell: "NG players, don't hold your breath for NG4, we are not going to make it so buy Nioh because it'll be your only surrogate". Really sad.

And the more the time passes, the more the hack and slash market weakens, making the conditions harder for a new proper NG to be developed. And maybe the eventual new NG game will be a hybrid between NG and an action rpg...
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:08 am

kosmos wrote:Try the demo this weekend, Nioh is a Souls-like game but it has some Ninja Gaiden in it, is more fast and with better and deeper combat that any Souls game.
Oh I didn't know there was a new demo. If it has better gameplay than your average Souls game then it might catch my attention. I mean, is Team Ninja, even at its worst the games have some interesting gameplay on it, but the little I saw of Nioh looked so "Soulslike" that I dismissed it immediately =/

Might try the demo then.
Ninja Noob wrote:And the more the time passes, the more the hack and slash market weakens, making the conditions harder for a new proper NG to be developed. And maybe the eventual new NG game will be a hybrid between NG and an action rpg...
This is also true, however at this point I'd say the action market is already on shambles. DMC nowhere to be seen, GoW on the road to become an epic, cinematic movie (they don't even try to hide it anymore lol), and Platinum games are mostly good, don't get me wrong, but I hate a lot of their "style", sometimes to the point they try too damn hard to be cool, and it bothers me that right now a lot of people think of that kind of game when they think of action games.

Also they need to come up with new core mechanics. Adapting Bayonetta's dodge mechanic with a different flavor for the 7th in a row gets a bit boring.
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm

H.Smoke wrote:
kosmos wrote:Try the demo this weekend, Nioh is a Souls-like game but it has some Ninja Gaiden in it, is more fast and with better and deeper combat that any Souls game.
Oh I didn't know there was a new demo. If it has better gameplay than your average Souls game then it might catch my attention. I mean, is Team Ninja, even at its worst the games have some interesting gameplay on it, but the little I saw of Nioh looked so "Soulslike" that I dismissed it immediately =/

Might try the demo then.
Ninja Noob wrote:And the more the time passes, the more the hack and slash market weakens, making the conditions harder for a new proper NG to be developed. And maybe the eventual new NG game will be a hybrid between NG and an action rpg...
This is also true, however at this point I'd say the action market is already on shambles. DMC nowhere to be seen, GoW on the road to become an epic, cinematic movie (they don't even try to hide it anymore lol), and Platinum games are mostly good, don't get me wrong, but I hate a lot of their "style", sometimes to the point they try too damn hard to be cool, and it bothers me that right now a lot of people think of that kind of game when they think of action games.

Also they need to come up with new core mechanics. Adapting Bayonetta's dodge mechanic with a different flavor for the 7th in a row gets a bit boring.
Be quick, the demo is only playable this week. Don't get me wrong, the punishment nature of the Souls series is present in Nioh, if you don't like that, I guess you won't like the game no matter how awesome is the combat system.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Come back, Itagaki, all is forgiven!
DJ-OMZ
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by DJ-OMZ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:19 am

That's not very surprising.
I really like Nioh, they did well with the game. And if NG4 will ever exist, they will probably use their inspiration on Nioh and it can give something good.

I'm a fan of Black and NGII, didn't really like NG3 and don't even want to hear about Yaiba, but like someone said earlier in this topic, I don't mind waiting if it means we get a good game.

I really loved what they did with Nioh, I hope they will keep getting better and better.

I just don't like the "need to be in the shadows for a while" lol, To be honest I though they will start working on it right after Nioh, to release it maybe in two years or so...(2 years is common for making a game right ?)