PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

PLATFORM: TBC; RELEASE: TBC;
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu May 08, 2014 12:18 am

What do you feel about their wishlist? Agree/Disagree?
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457509,00.asp
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 am

Some good points to be sure. Obviously someone who is more familiar with the games then the average games journalist. I would like to see team ninja hire someone from the community (preferably an expert in all 3 main titles) to help to balance the hardest trials and difficulty level.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu May 08, 2014 3:06 am

Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX wrote:Some good points to be sure. Obviously someone who is more familiar with the games then the average games journalist. I would like to see team ninja hire someone from the community (preferably an expert in all 3 main titles) to help to balance the hardest trials and difficulty level.
There is someone over at freestepdodge that has disscused the issues with NGRE trial balance issue with Team Ninja
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 am

That's a good start I would say. I am looking forward to what they have for e3. Also devils third...
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 am

I agree with most of the article, not all. In spirit I agree with the whole thing.

Mechanically, I'm not a fan of the RE style combo system. I'd be more than happy to go back to NG2 style with the combos- if the enemy fragility returns as the author suggests (and I agree with), then long combos like RE has are not needed.

I think he sort of misses a point when he suggests that all grabs need a counter- it's SoB, just minus the chain ability (as he DOES suggest) and plus a bit more leeway with the input- some throws in RE are almost impossible to SoB unless you're just sitting there waiting for them, which IMO defeats the point a bit.

In general I think that what's suggested is a good start, though.

I've another one- single-player bonus modes. Give me mission and survival mode with a solid scoring system, maintained leaderboards and balance designed around 1 player. THEN, if need be, give me some co-op stuff. But please don't ruin the mission mode for single players AGAIN... The option to play with other people is nice; having it jammed down your throat, much less so.
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: Stuck on a seat watching random ass videos

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:51 am

I agree with you, MG. Check out the other topic in this section about NG4. If Team Ninja would do it as I specified there then we would get a new masterpiece coming up and then Hayashi made up his errors and glitches from NG3 and NG3RE.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 pm

julius-ruler4 wrote:I agree with you, MG. Check out the other topic in this section about NG4. If Team Ninja would do it as I specified there then we would get a new masterpiece coming up and then Hayashi made up his errors and glitches from NG3 and NG3RE.
I disagree, your solely just basing NG4 around a karma run and nothing else lol
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: Stuck on a seat watching random ass videos

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:40 pm

That is what NGB and NG2 were all about: karma

And make a mixture of the two then we would see a master piece created by the one that practicaly ruined NG franchise
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun May 11, 2014 12:12 am

julius-ruler4 wrote:That is what NGB and NG2 were all about: karma

And make a mixture of the two then we would see a master piece created by the one that practicaly ruined NG franchise
NGB and NG2 were not all about Karma lmao
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun May 11, 2014 5:21 am

NGB and NG2 were not ALL about Karma, I agree, but NGB in particular has vets STILL playing it for score and seeing what they can manage to squeeze out of the game. A good, tight scoring system can be a huge bonus for an action game, adding lots of replay value and a reason for friendly competition and innovation. The first DMC game was like that, too- it took a few years, I think, before the community nailed down all the techniques and requirements to get Special Bonus S ranks on all the levels. At this point, as far as the community goes NGB probably effectively IS all about Karma. :silly:


Priority 1 IMO is nailing the fundamentals - combat engine, moveset and enemy design, gameplay balance. But in that second tier of important elements would be scoring system, level design, etc. I think a good scoring system is important.

Though, I would say that I hope the scoring system would not revolve entirely around UTs like it did in NGB and NG2. It still takes a huge amount of skill to maximize score in NGB, but it's not a playstyle I personally would ever find appealing. I actually think that one of the best things about Razor's Edge is the direction the scoring system took. Building up the bloody rage meter and then using your UT to hit as many enemies as possible as your multiplier peaks is a lot more interesting than previous NG scoring systems IMO.

In a future game I'd like to see SoB's role reduced (both in terms of mass killing of enemies and in terms of it being BY FAR the best way to build multiplier, to the point you're really encouraged to fish for SoB chains), but the general concept of the RE scoring system is something I'd like to see them build on.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Ah I was talking about development, like revolve NG4 around karma running which is still a terrible idea IMO and I know TN wont do that
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Sun May 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Karma runners are a very small % of the community. They are highly visible because they post lots and are typically excellent players with an outstanding knowledge of the game, but a small percentage none the less.

With that being said, I think it would be a shame not to have an excellent karma system integrated into NG 4's design. It would show an attention to detail that they have been sorely lacking, and it would make the community happy. Even as a non karma runner, I would love to see a tight system in place that doesn't reward spammy, repetitive play, but fast kill times and varied combat.

I think continuing with hero-mode is a good idea to get new players hooked on the combat, but a training dojo that teaches moves and combos like Killer instinct would serve that purpose even better. For the veteran players it could be used to practice bosses solo before trial runs or design your own challenges.

How exciting would it be to design a challenge and then "call out" members of the community to beat it?
Or to be able to really nail down a bosses pattern on the highest difficulty before you face them and minions in a trial.
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re:

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX wrote: How exciting would it be to design a challenge and then "call out" members of the community to beat it?
Or to be able to really nail down a bosses pattern on the highest difficulty before you face them and minions in a trial.
This would be excellent. God of War 2 had something similar as far as testing/screwing around goes- the Arena of Fate, maybe it was called? You could put whatever combination of enemies you wanted and there were a number of other parameters you could tailor to your liking.

To take it the next step and allow these user-created scenarios to be uploaded and then played by the community would be really neat.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re:

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun May 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX wrote:Karma runners are a very small % of the community. They are highly visible because they post lots and are typically excellent players with an outstanding knowledge of the game, but a small percentage none the less.

With that being said, I think it would be a shame not to have an excellent karma system integrated into NG 4's design. It would show an attention to detail that they have been sorely lacking, and it would make the community happy. Even as a non karma runner, I would love to see a tight system in place that doesn't reward spammy, repetitive play, but fast kill times and varied combat.

I think continuing with hero-mode is a good idea to get new players hooked on the combat, but a training dojo that teaches moves and combos like Killer instinct would serve that purpose even better. For the veteran players it could be used to practice bosses solo before trial runs or design your own challenges.

How exciting would it be to design a challenge and then "call out" members of the community to beat it?
Or to be able to really nail down a bosses pattern on the highest difficulty before you face them and minions in a trial.
I had that same idea and posted it on team ninjas facebook a while back so hopefully it gets added in! Custom trials would be epic
and that training room is a great idea, I hate going through multiple waves on NGRE just to practice a boss

I also gave an idea for an opening sequence to NG4 and team ninja seemed to like it, what do you guys think of it?

Though most people don't like the idea of Hayabusa and Kasumi getting together :p
Image
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re: Re:

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun May 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Fiend Busa wrote: Though most people don't like the idea of Hayabusa and Kasumi getting together :p
Yeah, I don't really either. :shrug:


I don't like the effort to 'humanize' Ryu in NG3 and I would prefer if they go back in the other direction.

Ryu should be cool, collected, should never get beat up by science geeks, and I really don't want the story to involve his 'personal life' at all. Have the story revolve around the villain or the villain's plot and it works better for an NG game IMO. :silly:
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm

I purpose a time travel mechanic for the story. I know it's cliche, but hear me out. How awesome would it be for ryu to be able to fight badasses and mythological creatures from throughout time.

Ryu vs Vikings with some sort of Norse war god as a boss?
Yes please

Ryu fighting European heavy knights in a Transylvania setting with vampires as bosses?
Shit yeah

Ryu fighting robots in the future with a binary domain style damage mechanic
Oh god...

Ryu fighting in Atlantis with a whole level of combat underwater? Please!...j/k, that last one would be awful
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: Stuck on a seat watching random ass videos

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Well I would love to see Ryu doing all kinds of bosses. Let him fight Satan for example, see how badass he is for defeating the Devil himself.

That is just an example.
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by meyerpark00 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

i agree on mixing ngb and ng2 styles together. I hated everything of ng3 and ng3re. the luck, ninpo gives HP, regeneration of meditation system and Steel on Bone. All those tone down the toughness of NG and feels like shouldn't have been added if wanted toughness. NG2 was perfect, without NG2, Ninja gaiden would be worse even more. Survivial needed... but still NG R.I.P.
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4699
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:46 am

I loved the SoB in NG3. I thought it was a great addition. It may need to be tweaked, but I loved it. I want items to control life and ninpo. I also want a more sand-box feel and a mini rpg feel that NGB had.
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: Stuck on a seat watching random ass videos

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:19 pm

I agree Reim. The SoB and NGB-NG2 mixture would be great for NG4. Maybe they should add some new bosses and tough bosses depending on the difficulty that you would play. If They would make it a mixture of NGB and NG2 along with the SoB then they would have a game that will undo the sins of NG3 and NG3RE and NGS2.

Off-topic: I found a way on how to get the dinosaur down every time when he is made of steel.
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4699
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Cool. Create a topic in the NGRE forum. And, can you make a video of it?
User avatar
sanman
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by sanman » Tue May 13, 2014 5:12 pm

I haven't played a NG game since vanialla NG2 (it was okay, it did not entrance me as NGB did) but reading this wishlist makes me think I made the correct decision. :deepthought:
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue May 13, 2014 7:18 pm

sanman wrote:I haven't played a NG game since vanialla NG2 (it was okay, it did not entrance me as NGB did) but reading this wishlist makes me think I made the correct decision. :deepthought:
Nope, NGRE is a great game despite its flaws
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4699
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I agree about NGRE. It is a lot of fun.
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: Stuck on a seat watching random ass videos

Re: PCMAG Wishlist For Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:02 am

I agree with you Reim. NG3RE has its flaws, but these are some that you can live with it after playing the game for several times. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that in the CC the cutscenes are removed and that you cannot do the GoM challenges. That is why the campaign of NG3RE still rocks in comparisment to the CC. Look, when I did the KR on Normal for the CC I got 6.7 million. I did a KR on Notrmal in campaign mode and got 8.58 million. On Hard I got 10 million on campaign mode (didn't do CC on hard yet).

I will not say this sucks but it is a bit sad that they removed the cutscenes. The only exception is that with Ryu on Days 2-Ayane and 6-Ayane you can get way much more points than with Ayane or Momiji or Kasumi.
Fiend Busa wrote:I had that same idea and posted it on team ninjas facebook a while back so hopefully it gets added in! Custom trials would be epic
and that training room is a great idea, I hate going through multiple waves on NGRE just to practice a boss

I also gave an idea for an opening sequence to NG4 and team ninja seemed to like it, what do you guys think of it?

Though most people don't like the idea of Hayabusa and Kasumi getting together :p
And I also agree with Busa for this quote. If you pay attention to NG2 and NG3RE on Day 6-Ayane then you know that Ryu actually "loves" Sonia aka Irene.
Sorry Kasumi, but it seems someone got ahead of you in taking Ryu for herself.
Post Reply