NG04 ninpo

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
cormax
Newborn
Newborn

NG04 ninpo

Post by cormax » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 am

Hey everyone! First post here haha
Ever since NG04 released, I've always wondered what this "horseshoe" ninpo is on the back cover of the game. I would have liked to believe it's some hidden easter egg or cheat, but now presume it's just some alpha game ninpo filler...
Opinions?

Sorry if this has already been posted haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: NG04 ninpo

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 am

Who knows,

Most likely that shot was taken during the development of the game and maybe they removed the ninpo or its one of the ninpo's already in the game but they decided to use a better fitting icon?
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 am

Actually earlier on the armlets were intended to be displayed there as an icon and the Ninpo was just going to be displayed as colours. In this case is was Inferno with the extra cash (Benediction?) Armlet. Sun just had a sword, Moon a shield, the Ninpo one two orbs and Tranquility a tree branch.

Ok no really I'd guess it's early Inferno, same colour as the final icon and the horseshoe is basically the bottom part of it too. But there are a few in game shots of that one and with a green->blue transitioning health bar but then there are others that have the same health bar and then there are ones that have the actual inferno icon in Ch.01 so Iunno. There's one with that icon and the xbox heal thingy in the aqueducts too. I dunno if some of those shots are from different builds or is it's not Inferno but rather Firewheels or something removed as Fiend Busa said :shrug:

Anyone play the demo?
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 am

Massaca wrote:Actually earlier on the armlets were intended to be displayed there as an icon and the Ninpo was just going to be displayed as colours. In this case is was Inferno with the extra cash (Benediction?) Armlet. Sun just had a sword, Moon a shield, the Ninpo one two orbs and Tranquility a tree branch.

Ok no really I'd guess it's early Inferno, same colour as the final icon and the horseshoe is basically the bottom part of it too. But there are a few in game shots of that one and with a green->blue transitioning health bar but then there are others that have the same health bar and then there are ones that have the actual inferno icon in Ch.01 so Iunno. There's one with that icon and the xbox heal thingy in the aqueducts too. I dunno if some of those shots are from different builds or is it's not Inferno but rather Firewheels or something removed as Fiend Busa said :shrug:

Anyone play the demo?
I played it at gamestop, though can't remember if it was the demo.

It just let you player chapter 1 up to Murai boss battle.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 am

I was just wondering what you got in the demo. I've heard that you got a few different weapons and Ninpo, including the TDS but it sounds like bullshit and I've heard talk of the demo at all from anyone here or at old IW's. Something I've been curious about for a many years but never remember to ask about, somehow >_>
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Probably some placeholder for Inferno or Fire Wheels. I doubt a brand new Ninpo got somehow scrapped in development because reasons, but who knows :ninja:

This happens all the time with these games at least, there is a lot of stuff in old DMC tailers that don't get into the final game or are changed/moved. If you want a more "modern" example regarding the NG series check some of the videos of the old build of NG2, there are some easy to spot differences compared to the final game. Off the top of my head the health bar and that it is day time in the Hayabusa village instead of night in chapter 2 (I think this was kept for Sigma 2 iirc, curiously enough).
wyansas
Newborn
Newborn

Post by wyansas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:27 am

Hey all. I'm new here too, and my very first post is on this dead one year old thread.
The horseshoe shape looks like the Japanese hiragana symbol hi, which can mean sunlight or flame. So it's likely not some long lost ninpo, just a placeholder until they designed pictures to represent the four ninpos.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_(kana)
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 am

Welcome wyansas!
wyansas
Newborn
Newborn

Post by wyansas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 pm

:beers: