Any news on NG4?

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
reim0027
Administrator

Any news on NG4?

Post by reim0027 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Anyone hear news on NG4? Is it even planned?
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: Any news on NG4?

Post by Puregrunt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

If there is, Kosmos will find it. :ninja:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm

I doubt you'd hear anything until a little while after that Yaiba game comes out, so maybe next Spring or Summer there'd be a teaser or something. Assuming they're going to make another one, which I wouldn't be entirely sure of, either.
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, they seem entirely focused on promoting Yaiba at the moment, even though it is only partly a TN project.

I am anxiously awaiting some first hints on what Team Ninja's next-gen projects are/will be. I wonder if we might get some hints this winter around the time of the next-gen consoles launch, or sometime shortly after. The most exciting next-gen prospects in my mind are Ni-Oh and a possible NG4. I think Ni-Oh is most likely going to the first big next-gen game from TN, which is exciting as it will be a new IP (and from what little has been revealed sounds pretty awesome). Then, hopefully, we will hear about a new NG... I think NG is such a flagship IP for Tecmo-Koei that there most certainly will be another game. Obviously, there will be a next-gen DOA down the line as well I am sure.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm

Its planned for sure

Tecmo did a survey asking what you liked/disliked in NGRE and what you want in NG4

Link to Survey
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/ng3re_eu

At the bottom there is a question asking "What do you want in the next NINJA GAIDEN game?"

But we probably won't see anything for another year at least
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Another year? Bummer. Then it'll be on PS4/XBone. I may or not may have one of those.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:Another year? Bummer. Then it'll be on PS4/XBone. I may or not may have one of those.
Well NG3 just came out in 2012nd seeing team ninja is partially involved in yaiba i doubt we would even hear from NG4 next year most likely 2015 earliest lol

Timeline of release dates does not include remakes

NG1 - 2004
NG2 - 2008
NG3 - 2012

NG4 - 2016?

Im glad its coming on next gen because they can do a whole lot more now
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:09 pm

2016? Way too long. :(
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:52 pm

reim0027 wrote:2016? Way too long. :(
Tell me about it, makes me depressed just thinking about how far away NG4 is

Hopefully its worth the wait, don't disappoint us Hayashi!!
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Ugh...it is indeed painful to contemplate the long wait. If we are lucky, maybe we will see NG4 in 2015.

In the meantime, I am hoping that the eventual release of Devil's Third and Ni-Oh will hold us all over until the next NG.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm afraid that after NG3/NGRE that Ninja Gaiden will be dead by that time. :(
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

reim0027 wrote:I'm afraid that after NG3/NGRE that Ninja Gaiden will be dead by that time. :(
No it won't....

NG2 was released 4 years after NG and sold 1 million copies

NG3 was released 4 years after NG2 and sold 630k copies

no where near dead lol
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:31 pm

ryu hayabusa wrote:
reim0027 wrote:I'm afraid that after NG3/NGRE that Ninja Gaiden will be dead by that time. :(
No it won't....

no where near dead lol
Eh, I dunno. Interest is definitely falling off. On GFAQs the NG3 board died very fast and the Razor's Edge board is nowhere near as active as the NG2 board was less than a year after release- not even close.

The hardcore fans will still be interested but NG's niche is getting smaller with every not-so-great release.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 am

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
ryu hayabusa wrote:
No it won't....

no where near dead lol
Eh, I dunno. Interest is definitely falling off. On GFAQs the NG3 board died very fast and the Razor's Edge board is nowhere near as active as the NG2 board was less than a year after release- not even close.

The hardcore fans will still be interested but NG's niche is getting smaller with every not-so-great release.
lol gamefaqs, razors edge on ps3trophies was very very active and there were multiple chat rooms in the ps3 with 20+ players in it daily
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:16 pm

All I know is I've lost a lot of interest. NG4 better be something special. If I don't have an xbone or PS4 at that time, it had better be really special for me to buy one of those consoles. But, there is a good chance I will never get it.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:57 pm

I honestly believe NG4 will turn out good, I think team ninja and Hayashi learned their mistakes with NG3

and since NG3 was so bad they are probably going to work extra hard to make NG4 good because if they fuck NG4 up its over
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:41 am

If Team Ninja make another NG game like those two, it really does show that the Hayashi led Team Ninja have no idea of what's required to make a stellar, top tier Ninja Gaiden game. They have enough source material to work with, NG,NGB,NG2,NGS2. It's more than enough. I've always thought that the reason we saw NG3 Vanilla was because Tecmo/Koei were/are desperate for money, so they made TN rush NG3's release, resulting in what we saw in NG3. Which was, in 99.9% of fans around the worlds eyes, a very disappointing game, on many levels.

There are so many differences between Vanilla and Razor''s Edge. You can see what TN really wanted to be more like, it plays totally different. It's a much better game. BUT, it still has all that NG3 "unfinished" feel underneath. Like the level designs, horrendous boss fights, story set up....etc. It just has a lot of lack of attention to detail imo. Now, if TN are allowed to take their time with the next game. Take a step back and look at all the feedback from the fans, thoroughly look over all the source material and try not to appeal so much to the casual gamers, we might just have a great game. They really need Itagaki to come and help them.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:45 am

Puregrunt wrote:If Team Ninja make another NG game like those two, it really does show that the Hayashi led Team Ninja have no idea of what's required to make a stellar, top tier Ninja Gaiden game. They have enough source material to work with, NG,NGB,NG2,NGS2. It's more than enough. I've always thought that the reason we saw NG3 Vanilla was because Tecmo/Koei were/are desperate for money, so they made TN rush NG3's release, resulting in what we saw in NG3. Which was, in 99.9% of fans around the worlds eyes, a very disappointing game, on many levels.

There are so many differences between Vanilla and Razor''s Edge. You can see what TN really wanted to be more like, it plays totally different. It's a much better game. BUT, it still has all that NG3 "unfinished" feel underneath. Like the level designs, horrendous boss fights, story set up....etc. It just has a lot of lack of attention to detail imo. Now, if TN are allowed to take their time with the next game. Take a step back and look at all the feedback from the fans, thoroughly look over all the source material and try not to appeal so much to the casual gamers, we might just have a great game. They really need Itagaki to come and help them.
NG3 was made the way it was because they wanted to open the game to casual players and "westernize" the game
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:58 pm

ryu hayabusa wrote:I honestly believe NG4 will turn out good, I think team ninja and Hayashi learned their mistakes with NG3

and since NG3 was so bad they are probably going to work extra hard to make NG4 good because if they fuck NG4 up its over
I agree. I think the pressure will be on TN big time for NG4 to be strong and I think they will make sure they deliver this time, having gotten a message loud and clear with NG3. Honestly, NG3RE has proved to me that TN has learned their mistakes and can make a great NG game. The more I play RE, the more I feel the combat gameplay is superb and on par with other NG games----the only thing that holds RE back from being as good as previous games is primarily the uninspired level design.

In an ideal world, TN would get Itagaki back on board but that is never going to happen. RE has shown me though that TN does not necessarily need Itagaki to make a great game---though I doubt future NGs will ever quite match the vision and brilliance of Itagaki's games.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:16 pm

My problem with the NG3RE and NG4 discussion is that, in response to the above post, TN already has the tools needed to make a great NG4. It won't be a superbly original game, but all they need to do from a technical standpoint is look at why NGB and ninja gaiden 2 were successful, from a *technical* standpoint.

I'm talking about AI behavior, weapon + - frames on block, I-frames, the way UTs work, the way OTs work, AI behavior, move lists, .. I-frames, AI behavior. did I already say.. AI behavior? and I frames..

All of this, with a combination of looking at why NGBs and Ng2s(sort of) story/level design worked, and why NG3s seems a little less respectable and a little more laughable.

Why do I have a problem in general? Because I doubt TN has the wisdom and discipline in it's current state to take a step back and really do this. But for Ng4's sake, and all of NGs fans collective sakes, I hope they are able to. It seems silly to me, because it would be a simple thing wouldn't it?

Seriously. NG2's system, maybe like 3 or 4 new weapons for TN to make quality additions with, a bunch of costumes and character skins to choose from and unlock, dare I ask for new missions within NG2s system? and a cliché ninja story that's modest and respectable. how difficult is it really? That's basically a romhacked version of Ng2 with some new stuff. I'd play the hell out of it. and I think other people would to if it was basically just building on a previous games system, in an effort to undo some of the sloppiness of the NG3 titles. This is just my opinion.

Throw in a cautiously executed custom mission editor and a customizable ryu skin with items and colors and stuff, and all of a sudden it's Ng4 with new stuff. Any of this would be fine with me if they just stuck with Ng2 or NGB's system.
XNinjaRed
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by XNinjaRed » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:07 pm

And hell if they don't want to go TOO much of a step back, they can keep the multiplayer.
I like killing other players and betraying them for a contract ;D
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 am

As I've said before, I think focusing on the basic combo combat, enemy design and smoothness of the game as opposed to coming up with more new mechanics to layer in would help.

Reminds me of this discussion-

http://ninjaarchives.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=844

Of course, that's assuming they care for that line of thought at all. TN has always seemed pretty determined to come up with a significantly different combat engine for each game, and NG4 might be no different in that regard. And ya know, for better or worse I respect their reluctance to make "NGB2" or "NG 2.5" (instead they just re-release each game 3 times :laugh2: ) and instead try to make whole new iterations but I wonder that they take it to an unnecessary extreme.

NG3 vanilla in particular seemed liked a single-minded quest to just 'do everything different than it was done before', and in the process it seemed to break a lot of stuff that didn't need fixing. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, or possibly your old studio boss. :silly:

Beyond the creative process I imagine the road for NG4 will be difficult (as I imagine the road to NG3 was quite tough)- getting enough time and funding to really make it shine is no guarantee. It's impossible to know, of course, but I wonder to what extent NG3 was pushed out the door by the suits before it was ready. It certainly doesn't have the feel of a game with nearly the production budget that NG2 had. Could adding the vs. MP and online Trials really have taken that much out of the single player campaign / environment design / enemy roster / feature set? I don't think so. :think:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 am

A very easy wait after NG3 :headbash:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Unfortunately, I've been waiting since NG2.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:54 pm

I've been waiting since Ninja Gaiden Black :smile: