which version of NG:RE are you getting?

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012

Upon release, which version of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge are you getting?

Xbox360
52%
PS3
17%
Both
10%
Not Getting It
21%

Total votes: 29
sneh
Administrator

Re: which version of NG:RE are you getting?

Post by sneh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:00 am

Complete day 2 on 360 version of RE.
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 am

Yep; ninja trials were indeed unlocked after Day 2 :wave:

Really loving the game so far BTW; feels VERY different from vanilla and more balanced than the demo. Had a few moments of minor slowdown but nothing gamebreaking so far.
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Installing now, gotta love Shopto for their early deliveries!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Sounds like, so far, you guys are liking this game.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:02 pm

I just paid for my copy today and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I was piling on the pressure hoping the guy in the shop would sell me it today, but he wasn't budging. :(

Never mind; not long now. :awesome:
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 pm

This just my personal short review, based on limited game time :cry:

- it’s very clear that the game was constructed from the ground up. The entire game, incl. bosses, has a very different feel (for the better). It probably comes closer to one of the sigma’s (which I've never played), than to NGB, NG2 or even NG3 vanilla.
- the AI is great. I hate how they exploit frames and have homing grabs etc., but at least it’s genuinely challenging. Similar to previous NG’s, there’s a large part skill and some part luck involved, and even a single enemy could mean instant death if you’re not careful.
- the combat is fast and furious, with limited slowdown and unresponsiveness (could be even better, but still very much improved over vanilla).
- there are a lot of moves in general, and several small tweaks to existing combo’s. Even when you only intend to master a couple of moves, you've got to appreciate the options here. I feel like I discover new things every single time (like the wall smash), and each combo branches into a lot of possibilities.
- adding to the revamped combat; I much prefer SoB over the UT chaining in previous games, but that’s a matter of preference. I also don’t feel as if there’s a need to only go for SoB; I’ve had some pretty spectacular fights (and scores) without it.
- the added variety (characters, weapons, ninpo) makes the game so much more fun. Most importantly; switching via the menu is quick and easy.
- I very much enjoy the skill tree/unlocking. Perhaps not as intuitive as could be, but still… I do miss the ole' shopping days and health items, but considering that the health upgrades also refill life, there is still some minor micromanagement involved...
- crystal skulls and scarabs are a fantastic addition, as are the tests of valor. Too bad these can't be played separately...
- a lot more ninja trials for shadows of the world, which so far has been tremendous fun. Together with the skill tree, this will see even more love from me than previously.
- clan battle still seems MEH

All in all, NG3 vanilla pales compared to this. The full game is a lot more balanced than the demo, and so far, RE brings me back the good old days :yahoo:
Tizadin
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by Tizadin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

sanman wrote:
sneh wrote:If I get started on it , it would take too long to go into detail but yes it was very very bad , man oh man was it bad.
Guess I can go look for old threads.

You might cry yourself to sleep after reading them.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:49 pm

everybody add me:
XBL: The Werebear
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

bodaaf wrote:This just my personal short review, based on limited game time :cry:

- it’s very clear that the game was constructed from the ground up. The entire game, incl. bosses, has a very different feel (for the better). It probably comes closer to one of the sigma’s (which I've never played), than to NGB, NG2 or even NG3 vanilla.
- the AI is great. I hate how they exploit frames and have homing grabs etc., but at least it’s genuinely challenging. Similar to previous NG’s, there’s a large part skill and some part luck involved, and even a single enemy could mean instant death if you’re not careful.
- the combat is fast and furious, with limited slowdown and unresponsiveness (could be even better, but still very much improved over vanilla).
- there are a lot of moves in general, and several small tweaks to existing combo’s. Even when you only intend to master a couple of moves, you've got to appreciate the options here. I feel like I discover new things every single time (like the wall smash), and each combo branches into a lot of possibilities.
- adding to the revamped combat; I much prefer SoB over the UT chaining in previous games, but that’s a matter of preference. I also don’t feel as if there’s a need to only go for SoB; I’ve had some pretty spectacular fights (and scores) without it.
- the added variety (characters, weapons, ninpo) makes the game so much more fun. Most importantly; switching via the menu is quick and easy.
- I very much enjoy the skill tree/unlocking. Perhaps not as intuitive as could be, but still… I do miss the ole' shopping days and health items, but considering that the health upgrades also refill life, there is still some minor micromanagement involved...
- crystal skulls and scarabs are a fantastic addition, as are the tests of valor. Too bad these can't be played separately...
- a lot more ninja trials for shadows of the world, which so far has been tremendous fun. Together with the skill tree, this will see even more love from me than previously.
- clan battle still seems MEH

All in all, NG3 vanilla pales compared to this. The full game is a lot more balanced than the demo, and so far, RE brings me back the good old days :yahoo:

mmmmmmmmm i dont know rigth now to me apears like the game its all about ut almost all figth has a lot of uts im playing ninja trials and it seems as the game wants me to be cahrging ut after ut after ut , i like more the feeling of ng 3 where i had the option to figth more
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Got the 360 version plus preorder costumes today but I don't know if I'm going to play right now, I'm too absorved by Persona 4 Golden.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 am

Finally i have the 360 version downloaded. I was playing it this morning and you can really tell the difference between this one and the PS3. The graphics look better and the game play is faster. The game's not out here until the 16th, so in the meantime i'll rack up some karma for later.

Thanks to Shigurui for the DL (secret Ninja stuff) :ninja:
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by protekwow » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 am

So i played it abit too yesterday. Done until day5 on hard and then started trials, had some connection issues (server problems) yesterday so couldnt team up with reborn :(( anyway here is what i think so far of it and its totaly different of what bodaaf wrote^^

I do not like the new sob at all after playing with it for a while, it misses ALOT the enemies miss their attacks alot and hit thin air.
SoB always zooms in like crazy on ryu which makes no sense, i started my chain but missed the last guy since i cant see anything i just assumed i can keep on chaining and it broke the result was a grab. SoB sometimes targets not the target that had the red glow and starts on the target next to that guy, it can also just "miss" and you do a normal hit which leaves you open. Recovery frames after SoB, sorry but thats just bad.
Enemies can dodge your redarm UT ??? why ? play perfect, sob perfect and then you mess up your score because they dodge a 3.0 UT? Hayashi?
Still recovery frames after OT.
They completely removed the ability to fight bosses with air combos. Removing OL moves after shuriken, why?
Still loosing targets midair.
You can still ressurect dead bodies and OT them over and over, this just destroys leaderboards (i am not a fan of karma runs but this still is disturbing)
Dont know if its a game bug but sometimes i dont get ANY ninpo energy for OTing enemies?
Character is wayyyyyyy too unresponsive. The Netcode they used seems similiar to the PS3 one not the old xbox one which makes this occur alot more often.

Bosses
Alexei: not much changed, he is stupid here. You can just always keep range to him and he will never hit you with anything. Dont know why they did that. You can engage right after anything he did, he recieves a realy big amount of dmg right at the end of his tornado animation.
FiendGenshin: same as ps3 version of vanilla, he is easy but abit weird, have to play him some more over the weekend.
Marbus: ..... this guy got nerfed so hard into the abyss its not even funny anymore. Wait for his emotesound on his ground stomp dash windpath on single and dash windpath dash windpath on double ground pound and you dodge it 100%. This completely destroys the whole boss.
Genshin: just llike ps3 vanilla
Alma: .... just loop her
Doku: couldnt pull off a full loop, abit faster than the old one but still nothing realy changed. When i tried the loop it only worked up to three times then it failed.
Zedonius: still the easiest boss in my opinion, nothing realy changed here. If you have trouble dodging his ground stomp just dash windpath, you will never get hit.
Volf: they just destroyed volf. He glitches alot harder than in vanilla. If you hit him properly from the side with a 360y of the scythe then the scythe will get multiple hits on him and remove a huge amount of his health...
This ApeSnakeExperiment boss: i dont know why but he didnt use his ape arms on the trials? did they remove that? He is still the same, nothing realy changed. Only noticed he is more aggressive in ape mode on the story.
Elizabeth: i am sorry but i dont understand her patterns at all. She is a 360/ps3 version but you cant attack her in the air anymore. I dont understand how you avoid damage 100%. I can defeat her but i am still very bad with her since i always used the Air attacks on 360/ps3 to get her no hurt. If anyone knows a perfect way to fight her, please tell me.

I havent fought regent, devil ryu, normal ryu.

I struggled abit on the story to get used to the game, i highly dislike the way enemies dodge almost everything you throw at them and how you get dragged into chaining those SoBs. Got pretty mad for not having the scythe right from the start but after i got it its just cake. You can loop basicaly every type of enemy. Alchemists are just getting destroyed with the still implemented overpowered >holdYY and holdYY. OL360y can still get spammed for iframes. The OL360Y and 360y can even get you into SoB in addition you still have the awesome range of hitting your next target. Scythe even has some new allround combos for pretty much every enemy type in addition to the already overpowered hold moves.

Enemies are realy dumb, AI skripts can easily be manipulated (best example is UT charge against alchemists.... you can always get it off). This is bad programming, no improvement compared to vanilla, realy, except that enemies just dodge abit more which makes this more tedious than fun.

Vangelfs are still not properly adjusted to the gameplay of this game. They were realy good enemies in NG2 and you had so many abilities to properly deal with them, still here they are pretty much alot of time down to getting lucky. You can still loop them.

BigSpiders getting killed in one hit because of their grab? Just No... They should've made it impossible to onehit them. Apes onehit on grab, Snakes onehit on grab, why? You can even let your partner run around while the other spamms UTs, points wont matter anyway with all the ways of cheating your way up on karma.

Game gets messed up when you try to fight next to your partner, this can easily cause death on harder trials. (UN2 vanilla... ST and i remember that very well :( )

The game has way more glitches than vanilla overall.

But it also has its good parts. I love the way you have to unlock everything in the trials, more choices, more trials. This is fun but the core gameplay is totaly broken.

There is still alot for me to play with and test out, only had a couple of hours time yesterday. Still need to play the girls other weapons and soooo much more.

Btw, whats the difference between Ryu and the Unknown Ninja in trials? I havent unlocked ryu yet so i dont know.

We should make a thread with all the guys who have the xbox/ps3 version and their tags. I'd love to play with everyone here!

It may look like i am bashing this game alot but this is just my constructive point of view. Hayashi doesnt know game balance, he doesnt understand what each weapon realy does and how an enemy should react to certain player actions. Even with all the flaws i will enjoy and hate playing this (omg dying to glitches already see it comming :( ). I am gonna hit up the trials over the weekend, dont know if i can play saturday tho. If you want feel free to add me on xbox.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:33 am

im kind of in the same boat whit you protect im not loving this game and im feeling they broke the gameplay system , vanilla for me was more fun at least until now
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 am

This game will serve as a stop gap in between the next, proper, full version of Ninja Gaiden. It's an improvement regardless, at least they bothered to make it, and let it go multi-platform as well. I know it has flaws, but could you honestly say you'd rather play NG3 vanilla?

I would feel a lot more comfortable, if i knew that Itagaki was making the next game....but like that's going to happen :|
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm

My first impressions are much better than they were with the demo. It runs much smoother and is definitely more responsive; still not perfect, but a noticeable improvement, nevertheless. I had some small slowdown during the first fight, but then nothing at all after that. Also, have they changed the voice actors? The Regent of the Mask doesn't quite sound the pantomime villain I remember from NG3. :deepthought:

I like the demon skeleton costume you unlock for having an NG3 save. :twisted:

I'll post some in-depth impressions (maybe a thread) once I finish the game, but for now I'm pretty happy with what I've played. The addition of skulls and scarabs is great; and so is the skill tree, which rather handily imports your progress from the demo. It may not stand up to the strictest of scrutiny, but I can't deny it's a great deal of fun to play. :ninjacool:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Anyone have PS3 and 360 games? I'm wondering how the responsiveness compares.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

reim0027 wrote:Anyone have PS3 and 360 games? I'm wondering how the responsiveness compares.
I just maxed my Lunar out. It seems more responsiveness, more damage, less recovery, and more moves come with it maxed. I momentum evade A-L-O-T, and haven't had any missteps (since hitting max).

i'm on 360. unfortunately i'm not getting the PS3 version until next month(due to buget)

just letting ya'll know; there's a pretty big change IMO
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

reim0027 wrote:Anyone have PS3 and 360 games? I'm wondering how the responsiveness compares.

play station sucks , it can be play but man its way way unresponsive looks awful in comparison of xbx , i have to say i have been pllaying the demo a long time and jumping into the game in ps3 i felt that i get into a complete mess up game, but still is fun.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 pm

protekwow wrote:So i played it abit too yesterday. Done until day5 on hard and then started trials, had some connection issues (server problems) yesterday so couldnt team up with reborn :((
:(

protekwow wrote:They completely removed the ability to fight bosses with air combos.

no, thats how I fight Alma. Only with air combos… well mainly when shes in the air.
protekwow wrote:Character is wayyyyyyy too unresponsive.

until you max your weapon out. then it becomes great.

protekwow wrote:Bosses
Alexei: not much changed, he is stupid here. You can just always keep range to him and he will never hit you with anything. Dont know why they did that. You can engage right after anything he did, he recieves a realy big amount of dmg right at the end of his tornado animation.

thanks for this! Alexei still is one boss I stuggle with.
protekwow wrote:Alma: .... just loop her
Most all bosses have loop recognition now. If you try to loop they adapt. I guess the keyword is TRY. I usually mess the loop up and have to start again.
protekwow wrote:Enemies are realy dumb, AI skripts can easily be manipulated (best example is UT charge against alchemists.... you can always get it off). This is bad programming, no improvement compared to vanilla, realy, except that enemies just dodge abit more which makes this more tedious than fun.
Some enemies will now run to cover when you ninpo, and stay out of range if they are the only one left for a UT. I can clear a group of enemies in mere seconds. The tricks you are used to are gone.I find the A.I. world class. Alchemists on MN and UN sing a different song.
protekwow wrote:The game has way more glitches than vanilla overall.
A lot of the things you mentioned aren't glitches, they are attributes and property changes.

I’m not saying these things to be a jerk or know it all, but to have a discussion.

Ryu and UN differences are this:
Can’t Clan with Ryu
Ryu skills carry over from the single player
Ryu can gain XP
Ryu’s weapons are all maxed
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:51 pm

yeah they kind of fuck up the balance of ng 3 and for the ones that we where fine whit ng3 this game feels just wrong
:(
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm starting to notice a little more slowdown now. It's nothing too major yet, but it's strange to see slowdown in areas where the demo didn't.

Also, I wish you could turn off certain skills. I keep accidentally doing the Cicada and meditation skill and using all my ki. :x

Can you switch costume in game?
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:35 pm

yes you can cahnge costumes in game just get on top of the costume and press y
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Cheers.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:44 am

Master PG wrote:, but could you honestly say you'd rather play NG3 vanilla?

|

YES
miGneto
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by miGneto » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 pm

[font=Verdana]I have both so if anyone wants to play co-op trials, my XBL tag and PSN ID are on the sig below :biggrin:

I haven't played the PS3 version yet but I've already completed the Xbox 360 version on Hard.[/font]