Finally got back to this game

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
Post Reply
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 am

Finally got back to this game

Post by UltraViol3nt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm

So I know everyone here is basically done with NG3, but I'm finally playing it again. I stopped probably three or four days after release without finishing day 3 on hard. I thought the game was boring, and way too easy. Probably should've kept going until day 4; the fight after the green acid pit would've made me rethink things. I was actually stuck on that fight for about 3 hours until I figured out that I could spam arrows to get through it, which made it very easy but made me feel pretty cheap.

Anyway, I really just came back to the game for the achievements, as I've become a bit of an achievement hunter now. I've brought my GS up from just under 5k to just under 24k in about three and a half months. Of course, now getting 100% in this game is pretty much impossible since no one does clan battles anymore, but I'm now playing through master ninja (DS only) and am completing the ninja trials solo. Doubt I'll go through ultimate ninja, since it seems more like a grind than a real challenge (like NG2) and there isn't an achievement for it.

I will say that the game is more fun and challenging than I thought it would be. I don't think the challenge is a proper one like NG2, because the OHK's are really just a lazy way of increasing a game's difficulty, relegating it more to a trial and error type deal, but it's still definitely a challenge. Still, there are loads of things wrong with the game in general. I did see a thread here that said Tecmo actually made a fair profit from it though, so perhaps there will be an NG4. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3389
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Hiya UV. :smile:


Spamming arrows in the acid pit is a pretty good way to go. The game gets a lot easier if you learn to abuse the SoB mechanic, too. There are some people here that play mission mode and would probably play clan battle with you if you needed the achievement. Heck, I might even jump on sometime for kicks, I still have my copy for the 360. :silly:
User avatar
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by stqueirolo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Hiya UV. :smile:


There are some people here that play mission mode and would probably play clan battle with you if you needed the achievement. Heck, I might even jump on sometime for kicks, I still have my copy for the 360. :silly:
yeap hes right im one that always is on ng3 so if you need a partner my gt is stqueirolo gladly play trials whit you or clan batle to help whit the chevos jejeje.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 am

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by UltraViol3nt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Hiya UV. :smile:


Spamming arrows in the acid pit is a pretty good way to go. The game gets a lot easier if you learn to abuse the SoB mechanic, too. There are some people here that play mission mode and would probably play clan battle with you if you needed the achievement. Heck, I might even jump on sometime for kicks, I still have my copy for the 360. :silly:
I was talking about the fight after the green acid pit - it's essentially the same fight, just in that pathetically small room. I actually had no trouble with the pit fight and got through it either my first or second try. That fight isn't bad since there's a lot of room to maneuver. The next fight, though, had me pulling my hair out.


stqueirolo wrote:
yeap hes right im one that always is on ng3 so if you need a partner my gt is stqueirolo gladly play trials whit you or clan batle to help whit the chevos jejeje.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
I appreciate the offer, but you do realize it would be extremely long and boring, right? And that's the main reason why I'm probably not going to bother with them. At the very least, I won't bother with them until they're the only achievements remaining. Then, I'll probably get someone from TrueAchievements to help me, since they'll need the achievements as well. I would feel guilty having you spend all that time just to get me achievements, so unless you just get a ton of enjoyment out of clan battles then seriously don't worry about it. I'll add you, though.

Actually, maybe when it's time for that we could organize some kind of clan battles thing on here and get a few more people to participate to make it more fun. Just a thought.
User avatar
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by stqueirolo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm

UltraViol3nt wrote:
Murphy's Ghost wrote:Hiya UV. :smile:


Spamming arrows in the acid pit is a pretty good way to go. The game gets a lot easier if you learn to abuse the SoB mechanic, too. There are some people here that play mission mode and would probably play clan battle with you if you needed the achievement. Heck, I might even jump on sometime for kicks, I still have my copy for the 360. :silly:
I was talking about the fight after the green acid pit - it's essentially the same fight, just in that pathetically small room. I actually had no trouble with the pit fight and got through it either my first or second try. That fight isn't bad since there's a lot of room to maneuver. The next fight, though, had me pulling my hair out.


stqueirolo wrote:
yeap hes right im one that always is on ng3 so if you need a partner my gt is stqueirolo gladly play trials whit you or clan batle to help whit the chevos jejeje.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
I appreciate the offer, but you do realize it would be extremely long and boring, right? And that's the main reason why I'm probably not going to bother with them. At the very least, I won't bother with them until they're the only achievements remaining. Then, I'll probably get someone from TrueAchievements to help me, since they'll need the achievements as well. I would feel guilty having you spend all that time just to get me achievements, so unless you just get a ton of enjoyment out of clan battles then seriously don't worry about it. I'll add you, though.

Actually, maybe when it's time for that we could organize some kind of clan battles thing on here and get a few more people to participate to make it more fun. Just a thought.

i kind of disagree most of all becouse trilas is where the fun is . main campaing its fine but i enjoy way more the trials ,most of them take like 15 min to be pass so i do not see that as long and boring , i see them as 15 min of non stop total badassery jajajaajja
User avatar
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Posts: 3389
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Planet Bekenstein

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

UltraViol3nt wrote:
I was talking about the fight after the green acid pit - it's essentially the same fight, just in that pathetically small room. I actually had no trouble with the pit fight and got through it either my first or second try. That fight isn't bad since there's a lot of room to maneuver. The next fight, though, had me pulling my hair out.
Ahh, yeah, I remember now. That part is rough.

I don't recall if they give you any of the humanoid zombie enemies in there with the serpents and gorillas, but if they do, those zombies are perfect for starting easy SoB chains and taking out a couple fiends. If not, I think the best bet is work the serpents until they're bleeding then SoB them and jump it onto the gorillas.

You can also spam jumpshots with the bow there but it takes forever to kill them. Anyway, sounds like you made it through OK.


I dunno how many people here still have their copies of NG3, but I wouldn't mind a Ninja Archives clan battle sometime. I would participate.

:thumb:
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 am

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by UltraViol3nt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

stqueirolo wrote:
i kind of disagree most of all becouse trilas is where the fun is . main campaing its fine but i enjoy way more the trials ,most of them take like 15 min to be pass so i do not see that as long and boring , i see them as 15 min of non stop total badassery jajajaajja
No, I agree that the trials are just as fun as the campaign. Maybe I will need some help with the master ninja/ultimate ninja trials (well, I'll definitely need help with the UN trials), because the leader ones are annoying enough, and I've only completed one of them. The achievements I'm talking about are like, play the so and so level ten times. I think there are like five of those or something, and I personally thought the clan battles were garbage. Now that I'm somewhat leveled though, maybe they won't be so bad (think I'm level 21 or something).
Murphy's Ghost wrote:
Ahh, yeah, I remember now. That part is rough.

I don't recall if they give you any of the humanoid zombie enemies in there with the serpents and gorillas, but if they do, those zombies are perfect for starting easy SoB chains and taking out a couple fiends. If not, I think the best bet is work the serpents until they're bleeding then SoB them and jump it onto the gorillas.

You can also spam jumpshots with the bow there but it takes forever to kill them. Anyway, sounds like you made it through OK.


I dunno how many people here still have their copies of NG3, but I wouldn't mind a Ninja Archives clan battle sometime. I would participate.

:thumb:
Well, I still need to clear it on master ninja so I'll keep that in mind. I just hate how random the SoB chaining is. I know I definitely chained maybe two or three of the snakes/apes with that method, but it's really unreliable. I usually just chained through all of the zombies to get them out of the way. Really, spamming arrows is the easiest way, though you're right it does take forever.

I think the clan battles would be cool, but I'd be surprised if it actually happened. It's a sad thing when most people probably don't have the game anymore on a ninja gaiden site. Stupid Hayashi.
User avatar
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: Finally got back to this game

Post by stqueirolo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:48 am

no problem leader mission will finish them in each try master will take maybe two trys , except for master 14 master15.
ultimate 2 and 3 are kind of simple UN 1 its tricky in timing .
Post Reply