Master Ninja playthrough (OLB, no-Ninpo, no-item, no-UT)

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: September 29th 2009
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Re: Master Ninja playthrough (OLB, no-Ninpo, no-item, no-UT)

Post by iraqoz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Yes sure the same strategy, but this time I need to move more and not spam >T(hold). I need to make sure no essence is floating around. Its a good thing that Marbus absorb the essence too, but its not good if its blue essence :(.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 pm

I remember thinking it was quite a bit harder to avoid his charged divebomb (after he absorbs essence) than the regular version; the timing's different and it would throw me off. I always tried to collect any essence dropped by the minions immediately to avoid that.

But, if you don't have problems dodging it then it shouldn't matter. :wink:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 pm

hmmm...didnt notice that with the essence :think:
He have 2 forms of dive attack. The one where he dive immediately and the one where he pause it a little (spreading his wings) and dive extremly fast. The last one is very dangerous if you dont time it right or you are busy dodging/fighting the minions. But still those are not the attacks iam afraid of, actually I want him to spam those attacks so I can kill him fast. There is an attack where he fly above you (off-screen) and charge for a couple of seconds and suddenly doing a stomp and dash right after.....he get me always with that attack..its so hard to avoid it :facepalm2:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Chapter 2
Reaching the first save-point was very annoying :flame: you fight really good with alot of combo-diversity just to die at the archers and if you dont do then you die from the dogs right after :picard:. So with so much time spending I just played cautious and managed to somehow get through this level. I know I still practising to free combo as much as possible, but those OHK really distroy your motivation, and you also need to spend so much time and sadly I dont have that much time :sob:
But Iam sticking to my rule-set so far and thats the important thing :ninjabow:

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Chapter 3
This starting to get harder and harder. Man the dogs are annoying as hell. The encounter before the last save-status gave me headache. 1 UT slip by mistake and I was too lazy to redo it. I hate chapter 3 (together with 4 and 12). The last gauntlet before the boss went surprisingly smooth. I killed 2 gold VG with just 2-3 bow each (without aiming) :deepthought: I never done that before I think its some kind of bug or something, because it shouldn't be easy like that.

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Nice job. UTs are so ingrained into me, I don't think I could do this. I would keep doing UTs without thinking about it. When I saw a blue essence, my first instinct was "quick, windpath and OL UT". Never mind healing.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm

reim0027 wrote:Nice job. UTs are so ingrained into me, I don't think I could do this. I would keep doing UTs without thinking about it. When I saw a blue essence, my first instinct was "quick, windpath and OL UT". Never mind healing.
haha yea me too :)......but I try to learn to change my style little by little.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Chapter 4
Not really much to say than enjoy :)

[align=center][BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo][/align]
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:02 am

OMG Momiji :picard:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Oh, Momiji. Without the in-air ET charge, I'd get my ass kicked. ET-OT-ET-OT, etc. Good luck with that. At least she's hot, right?
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:36 pm

reim0027 wrote:Oh, Momiji. Without the in-air ET charge, I'd get my ass kicked. ET-OT-ET-OT, etc. Good luck with that. At least she's hot, right?
HOT !!!!!! the best looking 3d anime character I have ever seen :awesome:........but she is incredibly slow :cry:
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:38 pm

I personally feel momiji is best staying on the ground. her >SS or SS>S covers a lot of ground spite sucking at tracking sideways, and her dodge goes very far.

I think against most human enemies you just need guillotine throw + >T, this should remove a limb on most of human enemies and then OT them.

the hardest part in this mission for me is against those 3 gold van gelfs right before the boss fight because she can't snipe them off the sky. you have to wait for them to land, and that's based on luck.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 pm

MuffinMan123 wrote:I personally feel momiji is best staying on the ground. her >SS or SS>S covers a lot of ground spite sucking at tracking sideways, and her dodge goes very far.

I think against most human enemies you just need guillotine throw + >T, this should remove a limb on most of human enemies and then OT them.

the hardest part in this mission for me is against those 3 gold van gelfs right before the boss fight because she can't snipe them off the sky. you have to wait for them to land, and that's based on luck.
yes staying in the ground and be aggressive is the best strategy I found so far. For me reaching the first save point was the hardest part. SSS have a high delimbings rate and the GT is REALLY essential too.
I really hate her dash, its slow and you can get hit easily specially when fighting mages. I dont recommend using her double jump unless you're planing on performing an UT/ET or dodging a fireball directed at you in midair. Otherwise it slow her movements specially if you are dealing with archers.
I didnt had trouble with the last golden VG's. I think I know why alot of people have trouble with them. Dont run away from them, you need to be aggressive when you fighting VG (any color) regardless which character you have.

Finished the chapter I'll upload it later :smile:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Chapter 5
You will notice in the first 6 minutes that the frame rate of the video are faster than normal and thats because I was experimenting with a new sofware (VirtualDup), and that also because my older recording program crashed on me (Pinnacle instant DVD recorder)...have no clue why. But after the first save-status everything should be back to normal (after 6 minutes). Gotta love the voice of mags and the first tengo LOL
no surprise the hardest chapter so far. Took me some time to finish.....Phew finally back to Ryu :yahoo:

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 pm

I enjoyed the vids. Good job!
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Ylva wrote:I enjoyed the vids. Good job!
Thanx Ylva :)
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

You should run your video through a deinterlacing program. But, well-played, couldn't have been easy.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm

reim0027 wrote:You should run your video through a deinterlacing program. But, well-played, couldn't have been easy.
I do I use Sony vegas but I dont know why it turned like this. Maybe I need to find the proper codecs, because this .avi format VideoDup use is killing my Harddisk.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 pm

hey try out scythe 360T when you have a chance, this move will disrupt all of enemies attacks, even bots and werewolves. this seems to be the only non-UT attack that can do this, and its limb removal rate also pretty good. this also works as infinite for rasetsu and alexei.

this weapon is so good against werewolves, you disrupt werewolves with 360T, then spam whatever other combos you want right after. this move stun confirms 100%
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 am

Haven't watched Chapter 3/4 yet, but Momiji's chapter was awesome, great playing, Iraqoz! :D

You use the bow jump-shot for stuns a lot less than I do. I never thought of sniping the archers near the beginning (near the Lunar room entrance) like you did there.

Was that counter-S you were using a lot in the second Tengu fight? Very effective.

Great chapter, man!
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

MuffinMan123 wrote:hey try out scythe 360T when you have a chance, this move will disrupt all of enemies attacks, even bots and werewolves. this seems to be the only non-UT attack that can do this, and its limb removal rate also pretty good. this also works as infinite for rasetsu and alexei.

this weapon is so good against werewolves, you disrupt werewolves with 360T, then spam whatever other combos you want right after. this move stun confirms 100%
I know it stun Rasetsu, but didnt know that it also stun alexei and werewolves :think:
I dont think Iam gonna use that anyway, because I really hate exploits like that....it just take the fun from the game :whistle2:
Murphy's Ghost wrote:Haven't watched Chapter 3/4 yet, but Momiji's chapter was awesome, great playing, Iraqoz! :D

You use the bow jump-shot for stuns a lot less than I do. I never thought of sniping the archers near the beginning (near the Lunar room entrance) like you did there.

Was that counter-S you were using a lot in the second Tengu fight? Very effective.

Great chapter, man!
Thanx bro glad you like it
That archer in the beginning killed me so many times, so with time I learned his spawn time and the fact that the other 2 ninja run to you gave me an opening to snipe him before they get to me.
Yea that was counter-S. Pretty much counter him and hit him one time with S.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 am

just realized you can't use it against werewolves except 1 fight because you only get it after volf and only the 1 fight right after volf gives you werewolves.

I thought you learned that archer trick from my video lol. I think other earlier pioneers also use the same strategy in that beginning part.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm

My 1.rule when I start a playthrough is: never look online for strategy until I totally give up. This is how I enjoy games actually.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 am

Chapter 6
Had trouble recording this chapter. I struggled more with the capture program (videoDup with testing various codecs....what a pain) than the actual chapter. The last boss was tough, got me some time to learn his pattern and find a proper strategy to kill him. Still cant avoid his projectile-attack all the time 100%....oh well I beat him thou. Actually this is the first time I beat him without Enma Fang's UT/ET :)
Enjoy :)

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice with the flails man!