Input for wings of the vermillion bird

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Input for wings of the vermillion bird

Post by nooblar » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 am

Sorry to start a new thread about this, as it has been asked before.

I can do the move SOMETIMES, as I don't seem to be able to pull the inputs off consistently.

It's xx->x(Ryu does an uppercut and then blue streak to the air)yyyy. But mostly I'll only do one Y and then followed by a OL Y.

I tried on worms too but failed.

HELP.
XNinjaRed
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Input for wings of the vermillion bird

Post by XNinjaRed » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:07 pm

The input is XX>XYYY
Know that you are not required to press forward before the third X. The Talons don't have an input for X>X, so you can just press forward in advance after the first X and the uppercut will come out either way.

After that, just mash Y as fast as you can.

Otherwise, just look at a video of someone doing the move and try to match the timing of Ryu's dashes instead.

Just listen to the "Hooh" "Hah" "HUAH!" in the video and press Y to the beat of that. Mashing generally works, but that's only because the game simply registered the fact that you pushed Y at the right time 3 of the 10 times :P

Ninja Gaiden always had a bit of a buffer system in it's combos, theoretically if you pressed XYXXXY with the Dragon Sword, you don't even need to time the last Y or even be worried about pressing X too many times, you can literally mash X after XY or >Y and the game will just go "Oh, so you want Blade of Nirrti, okay sure" only for you to finally press Y during the start or end of the third aerial slash animation and it will go "Oh, you meant Izuna Drop instead, okay" and it'll come out.

The mashing trick with the Talon's Wings of the Vermillion Bird works on that same principle, but if you'd rather spare your fingers' muscles the pain afterwards, you can instead try to figure out the timing I just mentioned instead.

Hope this helped.
Ylva
Global Moderator

Re: Input for wings of the vermillion bird

Post by Ylva » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Let go of "forward" when you are pressing XYYYY.