Survival Missions

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: Survival Missions

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Pretty sure I have the record, 17.7million. 20 million is possible. Fiendbusa my mistake, I mean Fiend Genshin in NG2 is stronger than in Sigma 2. I realise you can't ID Fiend Genshin :facepalm:

If I had managed to beat MN Genshin, I reckon I would've broken 18 million.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Damn you purge! Made me take out my 360 from the closet xD
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:33 am

well didn't go to well lol :cry:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0yVGe7Hgg[/youtube]
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 am

The mages are probably my most hated enemies in NG2. God damn they are annoying >.>

Any tipes Purge?

Also if you are low on HP should you just play like normal or should you stop doing OTs/UTs until you get some blue essence?

Its like when im low hp I try to actively get blue essence but I end up making more mistakes and losing even more hp or dying but then on the other hand I worry if I would have enough hp to survive the next round

Its like ugh should i risk it to get hp or just yolo

I envy your skills, I've done my fair share of challenges in the NG series but in terms of difficulty and skills, nothing comes close to the level of survival. And your getting 15+ million karma like its nothing. You are a true NG beast :thumb:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:09 am

Fiend Busa wrote:The mages are probably my most hated enemies in NG2. God damn they are annoying >.>

I hate them as well. 90% of their attacks are super deadly. You just have to be quick on your feet with them and dispatch them asap. Take note of the audio ques, like if there are multiple mage's in the arena, and you hear one or two chanting, stick with the GT or even the Izuna Drop. Something with reliable i-frames so they can't exploit any kind of recovery. Stun them with the wind run as well, then scoop them up with a forward Y into an Izuna Drop. If one is floating around delimbed, kill it right away without delay because they will suicide bomb you the very moment they get a chance. They are probably the worst in the Acolyte boss fight. Team Ninja tried to make the first round the hardest to pass for sure.

Also if you are low on HP should you just play like normal or should you stop doing OTs/UTs until you get some blue essence?

Yes. Normal attacks under the 20 hit combo are much more likely to generate blue essence. Especially when you are very low on health. BUT, there is no guarantee that this will work 100% of the time. So running around with little to no health is super risky. I will constantly monitor my health as im playing to make sure i have a few hits available to me at any given time in health. My health bar is usually around 1/3 to 2/3rds full. Sometimes it'll get super low, and believe me i stress when i'm surrounded. I will try to have a Ninpo for such situations.

One thing i will say is that when you play you have to be a lot faster. The AI needs to be kept on it's backfoot as much it can by you playing as aggressive and unpredictable as possible.

:thumb:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Ok thanks a lot!

I will try again today
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Managed to make it to the 3rd wave but died from the last two red serpent at the rasetsu wave >.>

only got 8.18 million karma, I struggled to keep my karma counter up after the acolyte wave

edit:

Here is the run, any tips to improve would be appreciated :thumb:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvH6Pen_nhQ[/youtube]
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 am

I don't think I've gotten past the Acolyte round. But, I never really got into playing it much. You guys are making me want to go back and play it.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 am

reim0027 wrote:I don't think I've gotten past the Acolyte round. But, I never really got into playing it much. You guys are making me want to go back and play it.
haha yea, Pure's new video made me take my 360 out the closet and clean the dust off it xD

edit: Does the difficulty go back to acolyte after you beat master ninja?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 am

I think the difficulty stays at Master Ninja.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 am

Damn, that sucks
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:56 am

That's right, it stays on MN. The 5th round is freakin intense stuff. I should, with any luck be able to show you guys what that looks like pretty soon.

I watched your vid Fiend Busa. I think you're pretty good, just keep at it. If anything, try to be even faster.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 am

Had a very nice 5 million + Acolyte round cut short by a mage fireballing me, then Genshin Underworld Dropped me :flame:

I had the 5 x multiplier as well :banghead:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 am

Fiend Genshin: "get rekt m8" xD

That sucks!! :(
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Hey Pure I got a new record @ 8.88 million. Nothing compared to your beastness though lol
Man the exact moment Ryu finished the izuna, the mech dropped fron the air in killed me. Turned off my 360 and sat for 5 minutes saying "wow" lol xD
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Fiend Busa wrote:Hey Pure I got a new record @ 8.88 million. Nothing compared to your beastness though lol
Man the exact moment Ryu finished the izuna, the mech dropped fron the air in killed me. Turned off my 360 and sat for 5 minutes saying "wow" lol xD
That's a pretty solid effort bro. Very impresive indeed. I had the same thing, but from a Lycan. I am always conscious as to where the Mechs are floating, up at Mentor and Master just one of those attacks is almost always instant death. The AI knows that you are vulnerable straight out of the Izuna, it sucks. Especially considering how hard it is to get up to that score/level of play. It can all end just like that. I'll admit that sometimes after a break from it i come back stronger and more focused. If i get mad because i died where i didn't think i should of, playing it over and over in frustration almost always ends in premature death lol. The AI will just pound you into the dirt. It is a bit addictive though :smile:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Imagine how awesome NG2 would be with Cicada Surge.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Give me the intercept over the cicada surge any day :smile:
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Good to see you're keeping your blades well honed PG :smile: Been catching up on some of your survival vids; truly a great showcase of your understanding of the combat and god damn NG2 is gloriously brutal.

How the animation in these games so under recognised is insane to me, everything is so fluid and smooth.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

I would love to see another NG2. I doubt we'll see another game like that, NGS2 is its closest sibling, yet somehow Hayashi still managed to bungle the formula up. In my honest opinion its right up there with Black. Its different but still worthy imo. Only Itagaki can do it.

Even after all this time i still enjoy it :thumb:
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Any tips for NG2 Mission 14 MN? Last wave with red dragons annoy me. I tried staying at edge just jump XXY Scythe and UT Scythe but marionette get me somepoint and I did try the stay away from robots and red dragon spawn too on 1 side but no go. Any easier method? Thanks.

Mission 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 left for MN then survival.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:36 am

meyerpark00 wrote:Any tips for NG2 Mission 14 MN? Last wave with red dragons annoy me. I tried staying at edge just jump XXY Scythe and UT Scythe but marionette get me somepoint and I did try the stay away from robots and red dragon spawn too on 1 side but no go. Any easier method? Thanks.

Mission 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 left for MN then survival.

That mission is quite tough. I always start out using the Talons to kill all the military guys and i use the Lunar (360Y ET) for all the Van Gelfs they just run into it for an instant kill. It also protects you against their jumping attack and fireballs. It's not a bad idea to keep essence handy if you need to do an OL UT. Use the Scythe's OL 360Y UT on the fiend dogs. For all the flying Mechs use either the Tonfa ET or the Lunar ET. The Red Gajas use the Lunar's jump XXY Izuna Drop. For the Gold Van Gelfs use the Lunar ET. For the Marionettes use the Lunar ET and for the Red Dragon's (Gala's) use the Scythe UT. The supplies are so limited so you obviously want to use lots of safe moves. If the Red Dragons create distance, close the gap and jump on their heads to stun them so you can prep the UT.
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:09 am

What if I do the abuse jump XY scythe throughout and UT? Would that work? I get farther and less work.

jump xy not always work i see.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 am

I started playing Survival some days ago, and I have a lot of things to say about it but it'd get repetitve since I know I'm among Survival veterans so I'll go to the point

How do I get good with the DS?

My best score is 2,5M but now I rarely go past the 2M mark when I play. If I remember right I usually die at the warlocks + mechas. Oh, speaking of those bipedal robots, they can go fuck themselves :flame: , what a bunch of damage sponges. I'd like to reach at least 3M with the DS, although if I can improve a little more 4M doesn't look that hard

If there is one thing that Survival has teached me, is that if you think you're good with a weapon then get ready to be teared apart. That said, I'm feeling seriously handicapped here: for example with the Talons and the DS I use a lot of OTs, but in Survival since you're always hunting for green/blue essence I avoid using OTs/UTs except when I have KBx5. Enemies like VanGelfs that I killed easily with ->Y into OT now are getting really stressful.
I don't know how to put it, basically is like learning to play the game again because I can't use the same tactics I applied in storymode (well, I could, but I wont have dem blue/green essence)

Also sometimes I feel like there is a lot of luck involved because the essence here plays an even bigger role, and there is no sure method to create the type of essence you want in the moment you need it. I remember in one occassion I was literally sitting in the last pixel of my health so I used wind ninpo and killed like 4 ninjas, and after that I remember killing a 1-2 more with the FS into ID with the Talons and not a single one of them dropped blue essence :banghead:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:20 pm

You should read my Survival guide....young Ninja :ninja:

How do I get good with the DS?
You can't treat Survival like story mode. The conditions are completely different. You need to take a much more aggressive approach to the way you use the TDS. Remember, like always the enemies are looking to exploit ANY frame of animation where you might be vulnerable. It's a little bit unfair, you get the feeling sometimes that the AI is a little too accurate, if you get my meaning. BUT, you can turn the tables on them....with practice. Survival is the ideal solution to getting better with each individual weapon. You need to constantly push forward, be the aggressor and keep the AI on the back foot. If you stall too much, you will get stomped into the ground before you know it.

I describe in detail about essence types and how they spawn, you should have a read. Remember, once you learn the basics of how to generate the essence, you can plan ahead, and co-ordinate your next move. Don't be afraid to do lots of UT's. It's about finding the right balance between keeping the multiplier up for score and maximizing any opportunities for karma. Obviously you want to find a good balance between doing the UT's and not so you don't compromise score and actually surviving. Knowing the waves and what's coming next can help a great deal.

Master the iframes! This is key for when you're ever in trouble. Think about being low on health and being swarmed by Spider Ninja...you probably want to use the GT...

There are bread and butter combos, but you really gotta know all the moves and techniques to make it far. Not just YYY, Flying Swallows and Izuna Drops. One of the more complex combos, the Dragon of Heaven (or Earth) utterly annihilates Genshin, if you can land it. If you watch my videos, you can see that i don;t give the AI much times to think, i'm too busy blitzing through them. But yea, take some time to check out the guide and maybe post a video and i'll see if i can help some.

Good luck :thumb: