This challenge focuses on 3 simple things: No Death, No Save, Single Segment. To my knowledge, it has never been done before...
I thought it would be great and practical to have a place where we can keep track of who makes it the furthest cause there are a few people running this now...
So, these are the rules:
- New Game, Master Ninja (all weapons level 1 file is not allowed)
- No Saving allowed at any point (checkpoints are not allowed either)
- No Game Over Screen (Talismans are allowed)
- No returning back to the main menu
- Karma Window Displayed
- Must be Single Segment
- No Invincibility Glitch
- No Out of Bounds
- No weapon menu glitches (clipping through walls that aren’t considered out of bounds)
- Despawns are allowed
- Healing from Statues is allowed
- VIDEO OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN
!!! UPDATE !!!
Back when DigitalT came up with this challenge, i told him that if I ever were to complete it,
i would try it again, but with 'No Despawn' rules... I should have just kept my mouth shut haha...
Well here we are, so i made some extra rules for a 'No Despawn' run of this challenge...
These are the extra rules:
The Challenge of the Gods - No Despawn
( aka The Challenge of the Thousand Gods ... )
- No Despawn (accidental despawning will be tolerated, see more below)
- Despawning while farming is NOT allowed (farming without despawning any enemies is allowed)
- No Boss KO Loop Exploit (This means looping the boss during a knockdown is not allowed)
- Using Genshin's body to fight Elizébet is NOT allowed
This run requires an IMMENSE understanding of the despawns in this game...
I think everybody playing this game extensively will agree with me that playing this without
despawning at least a couple of enemies is next to impossible. Sometimes enemies even despawn
themselves, so if for example an enemy throws Ryu out of the arena and a despawn occurs,
it will be tolerated... Tho it must be said that everybody attempting this MUST at least have
decent knowledge of the despawn areas, there will be no tolerance for walking to a despawn
and saying: "i didn't know they despawn there"
So pls, be familiar with despawn points and an average of enemy numbers...
In case you have to kill ranged enemies and do not have arrows, a despawn will be tolerated
if the next shop/arrow corpse is too far away. It happened to me and i didn't take that possibility
into account earlier, so yeah, it will be tolerated. Also, F**K the last fish pond, nobody needs to
The boss rule is for the following reason: its clearly a bug.
There won't be a Leaderboard for this run (for now) because of a lack of players... Obviously
I will just leave (update) my latest attempt here:
I will try to keep this leaderboard updated at all times... So These are the runs so far:
1) Farnham The Drunk
Pulverized by Rocket Joe in Chapter 9 (after first save)
Saw the light after getting spat on by Gigadeath
Got confused with dog food by a Fiend Dog at the start of Chapter 2
Cheated by Rasetsu in chapter 1
I hope that more people are interested and insane enough to give this a shot ;-)